Monday, August 11, 2014

Being A Jobless Junk

“To beta! Where you got the placement?”

“I didn’t get any, Aunty. Actually I’m preparing for CAT”

“OK! So, basically you’re doing nothing now a days. Well, my son got placed in Infosys without any MBA degree” [CHUCKLE]

Believe me, if there’s any worst thing in this world then it can’t be worse than being a berojgar or in some different manner; struggler. Getting job is like a girlfriend; Hai to problem, Nahin hai to kuch zada hi problem and most of all, tumhare aas paas ke logo ko uuse bhi zada problem. Maybe you’ll not take this bekari more seriously but don’t worry, there’re people around you who will never let you skip the thought of being an unemployed bag of degree shits.

It’s something else if you are in the college or pursuing any degree, when you don’t need to worry about a job because you know you are not alone in the queue, in fact you’re in there with your buddies. But as soon as you get your degree, you’ll face the reality which says that 7 out of 10 friends have got placed and you come in those ‘three idiots’. The situation becomes more frustrating when your job-going friend invites you to celebrate his or her placement. You can’t even ignore the invitation as you don’t want the others think that you are frustrated (which you’re though) and don’t want to drop the opportunity to have some free alcohols and biryani.

Well this doesn’t just end up there! The situation becomes more blood sucking when you’ll browse Facebook. Though I regularly used to get useless feeds from my circle on the Facebook but after graduating and becoming a certified jobless junk, the feeds started burning my ass. And it should be! What you’ll think or react when one day you signed in to your account and saw Facebook flooded with;

Got placed in bla-bla. Feeling excited.

Got placed in Alfa-gamma.

That day I kept on rolling down the feeds, just to check out; is there anyone who is ‘feeling frustrated’ or something like that, so I can tranquilize myself that I am not alone here!?

All the year no one is going to even text you but a not-so-jaw-dropping job attracts those flies to your messenger and if by mistake you replied to those flies then get ready to get hamper by their shitty questions; ‘WHAT YOU’RE UP TO? GOT PLACED OR STILL LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?’ And in those situations, you can’t even reply back or you can’t even make them realize that they’re still above you by telling them ‘hell yeah! I am still jobless. So this is what you want to hear?’

Though your girlfriend will always be there to consolidate you or calm you up. But the reality is something else my friend! You never know, she must be giving you a last chance. Maybe she is just calming you up for the future; the break up with a berojgaar graduate. Of course, money is honey and honey is money!

Beside all that, if you’re single then you can’t even think to woo a girl. And it is! I mean... what you’ll say to the girl when she’ll ask you the base question; “What do you do!?” And if it’s of my case then it’s more than just complication. If I would say that I’m a part-time writer then she’ll run away and if I would say that I’m preparing for competitions then she’ll run away by saying those same pinching words; “So, basically tum abhi kuch nahin kar rahe ho!

These are all about your circle but I haven’t yet mentioned the most irritating species on earth; relatives. The one who is less interested in what their kids are doing but more in what others’ kids are doing. They are the real ‘chintankartas’ even more than your parents. It may happen that your parents are not that much worried about your future as somewhere they’re having faith on you and your talent but… relatives! Dude, they actually know how to put you and your parents in worries and more often by giving useless suggestions which they would never apply on their own kids;

‘The market condition is not very good.. many graduates are sitting at home… my son was lucky. Hope the same will not happen to your kids’

‘Arey Sinha saab (my dad), what is the guarantee that your kid will get job after MBA. There are still thousands of MBA degree holder who’re sitting at home!’

And even after saying all those hyper blood sucking words, they will end up their balderdashes with; ‘Don’t worry, your kid will get there’.

Being a (mannered) struggler or so called berojgaar, I went through (and still I am) all those things which can easily make me out of focus. And guess all the guys of my kind are facing the same thing.

But ultimately I started ignoring those things and focusing on the future because I know that maybe it’s not the right time to get a place but when I’ll get it then it’ll definitely blow up everyone’s mind. And dude! You can’t just focus on your career or your future until and unless you’ll not throw this tension and all those bla-blas of your relatives and so called friends into the trash bag. And that is a fact.









No comments:

Post a Comment